Friday, February 29, 2008

Watching TV in India

Well, TV in India is lot like TV back home, a lot of channels but nothing on. I think I have about 100 channels in my hotel room but I swear there are some duplicates in there plus a few that are just static. Aside from that, there are plenty of movie channels to watch but some of them are in a language I don't understand so I usually just click on through. There are plenty of news channels to watch as well.

I am of the opinion that the people here love the news. Everyone is always reading the paper and like I said, it seems that every few channels is a news channel. The next kind of station that I see all the time is music video stations like MTV and VH1 (they have those as well). The difference is that there is actually music videos on their music channels.

And lastly, the sports channels. They have ESPN but it is not like ESPN back home. Most of the coverage is on Cricket and Soccer. When flipping through the channels, I can usually find and cricket match to watch so I don't mind. I only get frustrated when there is nothing on but soccer because, to me, soccer is just too boring to watch.

So, to end this post, I am going to link or embed some of my favorite commercials that I see on TV here. People that know me know I can't stand commercials but these crack me up for some reason. Especially the coke commercial with the guy driving the car. I love it when she screams and then he screams. That makes me bust a gut.




Well, I will keep looking because I am having trouble finding the commercials on youtube. Just keep checking back and maybe I will have added some of my other favorites. Oh yeah, they sell crap on the TV here just like back home.

1 comment:

Donn Felker said...

Thats a funny commercial. Gina and I just watched it... good schtuff.