Thursday, February 28, 2008

Driving to Work





I said that I would get some video uploaded of the drive to work but that seems harder than I thought so I am posting a few pictures.

So the distance the office building is about 10 miles from my hotel but the drive can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an 1 hour and 15 minutes depending on the traffic we encounter. Luckily for me Lawrence, the driver, is great to talk to and he tells me all about Bangalore and India in general.

These pictures don't truly show how backed up the traffic can get. Sometimes the traffic is so far backed up that we just sit wait for about 10-15 minutes. Lawrence and I just chat and he asks a lot of questions about America. I in turn ask him a lot about India and what goes on. The guy is pretty amazing because he speaks about 5 languages. He definitely makes the time pass and I am glad to have him as a driver.


Of course, I have to the obligatory picture of a bull pulling a wagon and yes , there are plenty of cows on the street as well and they tend to back up the traffic.


Watching the people drive here is plain amazing because the roads are pure chaos. Motorcycles weave in and out and all of the cars are jockeying for position like a Nascar race. I laugh all of the time because it seems to me that the drivers are actually communicating with each other using their horns. At least here when someone honks their horn the other person will usually get out of their way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is your driver the same person every day? Do they drive all Target employees? I wonder if my sister met him while she was there?

I thought I'd give you a sports update. As for free agency in football. The Cards haven't done much yet, but they said they have interest in a Alan Fanica (O-lineman from Pitt). Other than that, no major signings yet.

Dbacks tied in their 1st cactus league game 5 - 5.

The Suns are still struggling w/ Shaq.

William Taylor said...

Yeah, I have the same driver everyday, usually. On Thursday night my drivers car broke down when he was coming to pick me up and I ended waiting 2 hours before another car could get there. That is because the traffic is so insane.

Typical cards not jumping on the players because they are already maxed out with bad contracts.

As for the Suns, I hope they pick it up and get used to having Superman in the middle.

I don't know about those D-Backs. Seems like they need to go ahead drop Randy like a bad habit.