Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dinner with the Fellas


On Tuesday night, the guys I work with took me out to a restaurant called Samarkand. It was awesome experience and the food was great. The cuisine is based on the Mughals and I definitely tore it up. The chicken was so good and there was this sauce that was nice and spicy. I could handle eating at the place all of the time.

The only thing that might get some people is eating with your hands. The restaurant will provide silverware if you ask but hey, just do what everyone else is doing. I ate with my hands and I had a great time. Here are couple of picks of the guys (Nagendra, Sushant, Sandesh, and Goverdhan) and I.

We ate a ton of food and then had some desert. I had some ice cream made from almonds that was pretty darn good. I also took my turn with digging into everyone else's deserts as well. Sandesh had this pie that was made out of dates and all other fruits that were smashed together and covered with wheat crust. I must admit that it was great as well. To finish the night off we had this thing that helps with digesting the food. I don't know what it is called but it did the trick.

No comments: