Sunday, March 2, 2008

Being bad tastes so good

I was determined to be respectful to the people of India so I was not going to eat any beef while I was here. I did not want to have somebody serving me beef who is totally against eating beef. In case you didn't know the cow is sacred in India. Well, I couldn't take it anymore so I ordered a burger from room service. I figured that if I ate in my room I wouldn't feel as bad for eating beef. I still feel bad but the burger sure tasted good. Now that I got my beef fix I am pretty sure I can make it until I get home on Saturday.

Since I am talking about food I will go into the menus. Most menus will have a "veg" and "non-veg" menu. Some people will eat chicken and it can be found in most restaurant menus. As a matter of fact when I went last night to have a beer with Sandesh at the local sports bar, Amoeba, I had some spicy crispy chicken strips. They were darn good, nice and spicy and made my nose run.

Another thing that seems funny is the Pizza Hut, KFC, and TGI Friday's that are down the street from hotel. They always appear to be busy so I guess people here like it. I am not sure how the food is because I haven't eaten at any of them but you can click on the names to check out the menu if you like (except for KFC because I can't seem to find a menu on the net). I will try and snap some pictures of them and post them. That is it for now.

No comments: